Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day a little late

I know I am a day behind but I do want to wish my dad and my husband Happy Father's Day. Throughout the day I was thinking of some good memories I have of my Dad that I would like to share at why I think that he is great. For one he is my hero. When I was about the age of three and I for some reason I walked off the boat. My Dad instantly thought that someone caught a big fish but no it was just me falling in. As soon as he realize that it was me bobbing around in the water. He jump right in and saved me. I was wearing a life jacket which helped too. He always encourages me to do my best. He would only be disappointed in me when he knew that I was not doing my best. He also was very patient with me. I was on a softball team and I am not very good with sports but in my heart I really wanted to be good. So he would spend hours with me playing with me and he would come to all my games. I never did become very good but I had a lot of fun playing softball with my dad. One of my biggest blessing I believe from my dad was the advise that I should go to BYU-Idaho. He sat me down on the computer and had me apply. He wanted me to go so that I could be there with my sister Colleen. Going to BYU-Idaho was the best thing for me to do. I was able to met great friends. I had great roommates. It is all because of my Dad.

Now for my Husband. I just love looking at him when he has little Maxwell. He truly glows. Max is his pride and joy. He wants to spend as much time with his son as he can. He loves playing with Max. I feel so blessed to have him as the father of my children because I know that he will do more than just provide for the family he will be their teacher, friend, parent, and much more. He is a great dad and I excited to see our family grow. I look forward to many happy memories that we will have together.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Nice to find YOUR blog too! :D Cute little family you have here, and thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete